Sunday, April 10, 2011

Chair Rehab

A few years ago while we were still living in Providence, Matt and I snagged these matching Ikea wicker chairs for our deck from the AS IS room. We used them and abused them for about 3 years, leaving them outside through all seasons, before finally realizing they were in need of some serious TLC.

Here' what they looked like prior to some love. Sun bleached and rusty....
And here they are after 1 coat of Rust-Oleum's Oil Rubbed Bronze. Now originally, I was only going to spray the legs with this color, but the wind got the best of me and despite my best efforts to keep the paint contained using tape to cover the wicker, it still got all over it.
 I'll post the final product in a few days when additional coats have been applied and cured.

After this project I also realized that I could use this product to attack the brass in my house! I even tried a knob and it worked perfectly! Next up will be some brass window rods that we inherited... Will post once that project is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Leave one here:

ShareThis